Dark Socks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Socks

Forum for the Dark Socks Server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Extension} Shadowskin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nytemayr
Warrior
Nytemayr

{Extension} Shadowskin Empty
PostSubject: {Extension} Shadowskin   {Extension} Shadowskin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:03 am

Shayn Shadowskin was a proud teen-aged Night Elf growing on the flourishing civilization of Nordrassil. He quickly accelerated through the ranks of Night Elven rogues at his early years as a rogue of subtle prowess. He was the first of his kind to master the art of Shadowstep, a skill he used personally as a mean to shift past enemy sentries. Soon, he taught his masters his secret art and was quickly respected by all Night Elves. Eventually, he learned all the secrets his people had to offer, both by being told by his superiors, and just by figuring them out.

Even with this fame, he was able to hold a stable life with a woman he loved, Miranda Starsky. She was studying to be a priestess of the moon, like her idol Tyrande Whisperwind. Although she would always give up hope of becoming a great archer and preist like Tyrande, Shayn never stopped encouraging her, and helping her any way he could.

When Shayn left on a mission, Miranda would prey for his successful return, although she always knew he would.

The day came when word reached Nordrassil about the Lich King's influence on the Eastern lands. Words of the people ripping each other apart with their bare hands and cannibalism by children upon their parents -- a fiendish plague, created by the undead to boast their numbers. Shayn was told to seek the truth to this plague and to return with his results, 10 days after his arrival on the alien continent.

The night Shayn was given this information, Melissa didn't go to her home, but instead, to his home. She was sobbing and Shayn took her into his arms and held her tightly in the moonlight. They sat down on his bed and did nothing but hold each other for hours. Eventually, the time came when they both became tired, and decided to lay down, but they would not sleep. He knew this this mission bothered her more than anything else that he was sent to do. He wiped her tears from her face and raised her chin to face him. He stared into her eyes with assurance as he whispered:
I will return home, my love. My mission will be completed, I promise. And on my return, we will marry, as we have planned to do for so long... I will quit from the rogues and we will live the peaceful life we both longed for...

When he said this, Miranda's face lit up with it's own aura. She burried her face into his chest and whispered back:
I can't wait for your return, my love... I can't wait to show you the life I've planned for us..

With this, the world seemed to have lifted itself for them, as they slept easily through the night.

Shayn was no where to be seen in the morning when Miranda woke.

Once he arrived in the old human capital of Tirisfal Glades, near the now ruined capital of Loraeron, Shayn say nothing but the end of a shifting chaos. Limbs tossed in the streets, broken bones and bricks from houses indistinguishable from each other. Weapons drawn, but remained unused. What Shayn saw, was horror itself. And the corpses missing from the scene was a story in itself.

Not even a week passed since Shayn arrived in the dreaded wasteland and he had all the information he needed gathered; The Kirin Tor, the mythical group of mages had fled Dalaran, their city and come close to disbanding, a terrible line of death itself called "The Dead Scar" reached just north of the lands of his arrival and reached all the way to the Sunwell, the most cherished item to the High Elven people, and destroyed, that the Human Race had lost their king to his own possessed son, and that his son, Arthas, was going to attempt to become the Lich King. All this, within none other than 6 days, he truely was a universal tool to his people.

After taking refuge in a completely ruined home outside Lordaeron, he was preparing to leave Tirisfal for good. He packed everything he had needed and started to leave to the ocean. On his way there, a group of anti-undead cavalry sent from the more southern regions of this continent were eliminating ghouls, zombies and any other sort of undead abominations they came across. When they saw Shayn, their vision was blinded by his roguish appearance, and they went berserk. Shayn pleaded with the people and claimed he was not an undead, but his voice was but a whisper to their zealous cries. He had managed to lose them inside their capital, where he found a scroll in his bags. He immediately thought it would be a scroll to return him to a safe area, and casted it without hesitation. He whispered the words written on the scroll over and over, his tone becoming louder as the chant continued. He thought of his lover, Miranda, and the thought of seeing her again filled him with joy, until he was peirced by the very magic he thought would return him. He opened his eyes to find his limbs, burning and ripping by binding magic being released from the scroll. It rid his body of his flesh, then burned its way into his chest, where it ate his organs from inside him. Not even a scream was able to be released before his lungs were consumed from the dark flames of betrayal.
Shayn jumped out of what felt like a couple seconds from what he thought was a nightmare, but he soon realized it was too much to reality. He tried t s peak, but he felt many things missing, his jaw, his lungs, his throat. They felt as if they were ripped off brutally, and not burned like he had remembered before awakening. His organs, he saw through a whole in his chest, yet, his eye missing. Binds he felt on his face he couldn't reach under, nor pull. He sobbed, quietly in sorrow, feeling nothing else, and not knowing what else to do. He was left with nothing, but the painful memories of a past he wished to forget.
How long has it been.. those seconds it seemed to be, or hundreds of years? My precious Miranda.. Have you forgotten me.. do you still exist..?
Soon, he had realized what had happened to him, that his people gave him a false hope, a means to protect their secrets from the aliens that walk this land, they killed off their 'prized possession' to keep their lands safe. Miranda would not stand for this, he thought, and more thoughts grew into his mind. His ferocity grew with each passing second, until he felt uncontrolled, and marched out onto the moonlit field.
He ran to the place of his death, the Ruins of Lordaeron, where many undead much like him were now living. He found the remains of his body, his equipment, torn and burned. He knew not his fate, and chose not to know, but took what he could use. Soon after, a familiar presence approached him. Although any occasion would call him to take arms to defend himself, he had bowed to her, as if he knew what she had done for him already. She -- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner, had brought him from his grave, to a life, where he could find the vengeance he seeked against the people who had torchered him this way. He had heard of what had happened to her as well. The Death Knight Arthas had taken her life, and turned her into this malicious form. They both had a purpose being the living dead, hers, to kill a certain man and continue living this cursed life she found some kind of happiness; and him, complete genocide of all the living races. She had informed him that the humans that had killed him, and night elves that betrayed him, had joined together as a force called "The Alliance". She had with her a relic she held onto firmly, and used it well in her defense, but until now she had found none other to wield it to what could be it's full potential.
She had handed it to him, a large blade, but with almost no weight at all. He was confused on the physics of this blade, but she had explained.
This is an ancient relic of a sword. It combines your strength with your hatred to form it's strength, and until now, I thought I was the most hateful person on this world, but you seem to have proven me wrong. Maybe this blade was meant for you, just like you may be the one to kill all my enemies.

Shayn swung the sword freely, it's weight started to disappear in his grip the more he held it firmly. He stopped to face her, and bowed. She approached him and put her hand on of his head, where he had raised it to see her. She said:
Take this blade, and be my own. Your enemies are those of mine, and as long as your hatred grows, you will be unstoppable.

Shayn could not express the gratitude he had felt. Someone who wanted to help him on his vengeful quest. She bowed again and she took him to her quarters, where he had learned much about the years that had passed.
Shayn, now a 'human aged' 19 year old, was doing his patrols around his new home, the Undercity. He was well respected by all those taking refuge in the ruined city. He felt Lady Sylvanas calling him, so he quickly rode down the corridors of the broken down city. Just a few months had passed since his revival, and yet he knew his way around this city as if he had lived there for years -- people had asked him for directions where they have lived in this city for years.

He reached Sylvanas' quarters. She had told him, that a Night Elven crusade was making it's way into Tirisfal from the Eastern Plaguelands. She had asked him if he was prepared to kill his people for what they have done. He stood there expressionless, Sylvanas -- unsure if he was glad, upset, or excited, for he did not move at all from the news.
My lady, I have learned many things in my life, and have been told just as many secrets. These people, my old 'people', had me terminated so their secrets could stay with themselves. But now, you have given me a gift no words could express, and these things I have learned, belong to you and your allies.
She gave him a smile.
I will gladly end these Night Elf intruders, and return with their heads to add to a collection I wish to start.

He mounted on his horse and quickly moved East to intercept the intruders of his new home. The Soul Render was glowing more brightly as the thought of slaying the intruders echoed through his mind. He saw them walking from the distance, the flashes from his sword made him completely visible to see, but he was not going to conceal himself from them to begin with. He was going to kill them all, while they could see him.

They came within range and dismounted from their war tigers. Shayn did the same. His apprentice, Kitty, rushed to his side from the Undercity, where she jumped from her horse and walked to his side. A female Night Elf came to greet him, and took off her mask. Shayn almost dropped his sword at the sight of her face in the moonlight.
Shayn... is that you..?
The voice, and the face, the woman he had left behind, Miranda Starsky. They both walked toward each other, the druids and archers behind her readying themselves for the worst. Shayn whispered:
Mi..randa..?
She nodded and places her hand softly on his forehead, her fingers gently running down his cheek and her hand rested there.
What happened to you? They said you were killed, but I knew it couldn't be true.. but.. now you're.. Undead...
Shayn looked down in disgust with himself, not wanting to tell her what her people had done to him to make him unbearable to look at.
Are, you the same Shayn? The one I love?
Shayn looked into her eyes and sighed.
Yesss...
He gripped his sword tightly and pulled her close, into a hug.
...Only I'm better..!
He vanished from her grasp, Shadowstepping behind a druid, decapitating him after shoving the Soul Render through his spine and ribs. He quickly moved to the archers and leaped, moving the tip of the blade into all of their throats. He moved his blade left, forcing the sword out of their necks and right next to Miranda's.
I will never forgive what your people have done to me. I wissssh it could be different, Miranda, but it'ssss not.
He moved his blade as he moved behind her, and kept his blade at her neck.
Kitty, sssshow me your worth... Rip her apart..!
With his command, Kitty took her fist weapons from her waist and readied them. She approached Miranda and asked.
Any last words, filth?
Miranda closed her eyes as tears fell fell from them onto her cheeks as she stared down at the ground.
I love you, Shayn...
Shayn pushed the tip of his sword into her neck.
...I hate you... Miranda...
With that said, Kitty put the spikes of her first weapons into Miranda's stomach and started to break her ribs and rip out her organs. Miranda stayed silent through the pain until her life had gave up.
That'sss enough, Kitty, no need to sssspoil yourself in the blood of filth...
He pointed his sword toward a tree.
[color:dba1=yellow]You there, rogue, come here...
A shaded figure behind the tree walked nervously toward the two. Kitty was surprised that Shayn was able to detect him, and readied herself for an order.
Take thisss woman back to your tree. Let it be known that Ssshayn Sssshadowskin will make all your leadersssss look like thissss...
The young boy moved nervously to Miranda's severed corpse and lifted it onto his shoulders.
Make hassste, boy. The sssooner you leave, the sssooner you can count down to your death..!
The boy ran to his nightsaber and rallied the rest of them to follow, leaving behind the massacre.
You did well, Kitty.. but don't let yoursself be blinded like she wass, ever..!
He turned to face his apprentice, blood smeared on her face, her hands covered in it.
Learn to make your killingsss more professssional, and you will be part of my hand...

The left back for their new home of the Undercity, the decapitated bodies of the nightelves splattered on the road. Shayn, keeping his promise and taking the heads of the Night Elves, and presented them to his new master.
Back to top Go down

{Extension} Shadowskin
Page 1 of 1