Dark Socks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Socks

Forum for the Dark Socks Server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glitches and bugs section.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nytemayr
Warrior
Nytemayr

Glitches and bugs section. Empty
PostSubject: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:46 am

Please, if you find something that shouldn't be there, or you find something isn't working the way it should, place a post in this thread.

We will get back to you on the subject as soon as possible, as well as do our best to fix it.

Your courtesy to helping the server become right is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Nytemayr
Warrior
Nytemayr

PostSubject: Re: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:58 am

I'll start off with a small submission of my own.

-There are no portals in the Exodar/Darnassus to take you to other major cities for the alliance.
-The Undercity [Horde City] has a portal to Stormwind and Ironforge.
-Thunderbluff [Horde City] Has no portals in it to other Horde cities.
-Stormwind City does not have portals leading to Shattrath, Exodar or Gurubashi Arena.
-There is a "Thunderbluff Bounty Hunter - Argent Dawn" In Darnassus.
-There is "Mulverick's War Rider" In the Exodar.
-Maiev Shadowsong is infront of the Caverns of Time in Tanaris.
-There is no Quiver vendor in Ogrimmar.
-Recipes for classes or professions do not give you the skills when read.
-The Shaman "Stormstrike" ability can be used with a 2-handed weapon.
-Rogue's talent "Sword Specialization" does not grant the bonus hits.
-The Rogue's talent "Combat Potency" does not grant energy on successful off-hand hits.
-Many procs from hits or being hit seem to affect the caster/weilder.
-The Rogue skill "Envenom" never lights up as usable.
-Hunter traps are visible weather or not hostile players see the hunter place the trap down.
-Players are unable to unlearn their talents from their trainers.
-Players are unable to gain reputation with Outland factions, such as Sha'tar, Cenarian Expedition and Aldor/Scryer.
-The item "Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal" does not summon a mount, ever.
-Rogues are unable to learn "Instant Poison I", essencially making them unable to learn the rest.

More bugs will be reported at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Haplo
Warrior
Haplo

PostSubject: Re: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 6:11 am

zebe wrote:

-the names change every summon

Change is good imo >>

on a different note I haven't been playing to much to report in anything unusual that u prob don't know about yet
Back to top Go down
Mini

PostSubject: Shammys   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:12 pm

Ok, iv hear some players complaining about shammy bugs

- They cant get totems if gm dosent add

- Fire nova totem remains for 3sec and blowsup aftern 4 sec = it will disappear before it "Blow up"

- Some of the skills has wrong names

- Trainers dosent teach some totems (rank1)

Im not sure if theres more
Back to top Go down
Nytemayr
Warrior
Nytemayr

PostSubject: Re: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:11 am

Haplo wrote:
zebe wrote:

-the names change every summon

Change is good imo >>

..Change is good, he says... >.>
Anyway, more bugs to report:
-Rogues Vanish does not put them back into stealthm but instead into a temporary stealth until their Vanish buff fades.
-Shadowstep for rogues only gives a movement bonus, when it should add damage and reduce threat.
-Boss marked NPCs are rarely hit, and when they do get hit, it's for a very minimum ammount.
-Lady Sylvanas is in Stormwind, by Balovar.
-Sunwell portal is unaccessable, even after the quests are completed.
Back to top Go down
Haplo
Warrior
Haplo

PostSubject: Re: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:47 pm

Heres a few i noticed, probably some others i forgot.

Warlock
1.Felhunters cannot be taught any of there grimoires (gives you another action in progress msg)
2. Demonic sacrifice doesn't kill the demon, I know it's a buff but oh well.
3. Life tap/Hellfire Is treated as a normal death, and damages gear.
4. Wands never shoot( that may apply to all classes, haven't seen)
5. Improved soul drain does not seem to give mana back upon creature death unless the soul drain spell got the killing blow rather than while target creature dies under the effects of soul drain.
Warriors
1. Overpower can be dodged/parried
2. Second wind works on incapicitate effects as well, another buff but people may complain about it >.>
3. Def/serker stance seem to have to be taught by gm only
Druids
1. Omen of clarity talent does not seem to work.
2. feral talent which adds allow u to add an extra combo points for ability crits while in cat form does not add extra the extra combo point.
Miscellaneous
1. Buff durations- Ive noticed that for some spells that if i recast a buff the duration wont go back to full rather when it reaches 0 sec remaining it will stay way until the actual duration runs out.
2. Scholomance-( not important but w.e) The Risen Protectors i believe have a Shield Slam ability which stuns for 2 sec and doesnt seem to have a cd, they spam it and it deals roughly 1400-1600 dmg virtually every sec while keeping you stunned.
3. players are able to set themselves to at war with there own faction (horde/alliance city factions) not sure if that was intentional.

these are a few that ive noticed ill post more when i see them
Back to top Go down
Negi

PostSubject: Re: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Nytemayr wrote:
[size=9]I'll start off with a small submission of my own.

It's supposed to do that. It hits twice with a 2-hander, and once each with dual wielding.
Nytemayr wrote:
[size=9]
-The item "Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal" does not summon a mount, ever.
I think this has been disable because on 85% of the servers I've seen it work in, it has been instant. Meaning you don't wait 3 seconds to run away.
Nytemayr wrote:
[size=9]
-Rogues are unable to learn "Instant Poison I", essencially making them unable to learn the rest.
Instant poison is worthless, but if you do the quest you can get it. Unless you can't buy the book for the level 60 poisons ala pre-bc, or can't train poisons, then you can't make poisons at all. This would be a reason why Envenom will not show up as well, since it needs charges of Deadly Poison to become active (I think)
Back to top Go down
Negi

PostSubject: Re: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:58 pm

Haplo wrote:
Heres a few i noticed, probably some others i forgot.
3. Life tap/Hellfire Is treated as a normal death, and damages gear.
Hellfire does that. It's supposed to. Life tap is not supposed to kill you though. If your HP is too low, it says "Fizzled."
Haplo wrote:

5. Improved soul drain does not seem to give mana back upon creature death unless the soul drain spell got the killing blow rather than while target creature dies under the effects of soul drain.
This is an issue in Live as well.
Haplo wrote:
2. Second wind works on incapicitate effects as well, another buff but people may complain about it >.>
They changed Sap from Inc. to "Sapped" to counter the fact that most end-game content was immune to incapacitation. They will probably change 2nd wind to reflect it as well. Gouge should also trigger this.

Haplo wrote:

3. Def/serker stance seem to have to be taught by gm only
Quest abilities. See your local trainer and head to Fray Island for Serker, and the level 10 area for your race for Def. Stance.

[quote="Haplo"]
1. Omen of clarity talent does not seem to work.
2. feral talent which adds allow u to add an extra combo points for ability crits while in cat form does not add extra the extra combo point.
Clearcasting in general is sort of broken. For mages, it seems to be when you're hit with spells rather than when you hit, Shamans, when you're the victim of a spell crit rather than the dealer, Druids, idk really. And the feral talent is like Seal Fate. It's probably broken for rogues as well. if not, then the code needs to be replicated. I'm not sure how easy that is, but that's a simple way to fix it.
Haplo wrote:

3. players are able to set themselves to at war with there own faction (horde/alliance city factions) not sure if that was intentional.
This is a bug, and most servers ban players who exploit it. Simple solution: Don't put AT WAR with your factions.
Back to top Go down
Negi

PostSubject: Re: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Hope those bits and pieces work for some quick info on the skills. Something I've noticed:

Stromstrike: No 20% damage increase from nature damage.

Mages: I think I just didn't track mana well, but I went through mana insanely fast in only 6 seconds. 10k lasts much longer. I'll be running tests.

Edit: I was just at low mana. Clearcasting works for mages the way it should, but when it procs, it's permanent for the full duration of the buff, making ALL SPELLS FREE.
Back to top Go down
Haplo
Warrior
Haplo

PostSubject: Re: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:19 am

this is some new stuff ive found
Paladin
1 Was able to activate all auras at once with the exception of ret and sanc aura
2 SoC could not be used with ret/sanc aura
3 Was able to activate all judgements at once, however i could not judge(judgement would not work even with one active seal)
4 Seal of Command,light,wisdom,justice would not proc
Warlock
Shadowbolts did not consume backlash proc (instant sb's for duration)
Misc
this happened twice so far, not gonna risk it again: When i unlearned my talents about 75% of my abilites were unlearned as well as my 5 talent points (70-75) were also removed
trinkets did seem to work(passive)
i was unable top gain other buffs while under the buff from the warpnpc, likewise u cannot gain the warpnic buff while under another buff
i found some lvl 73 worgs on the way to silverpine forest, i thought id atk one but even afetr i lost half my health i only dealt 1% dmg :/ ( not sure if this npc is important to story line)
Back to top Go down
christmas

PostSubject: Re: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:37 pm

Nytemayr wrote:
[size=9]I'll start off with a small submission of my own.

It's supposed to do that. It hits twice with a 2-hander, and once each with dual wielding

its only supose to hit once with a two handers , if it hits twice thats amazingly overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glitches and bugs section.   Glitches and bugs section. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glitches and bugs section.
Page 1 of 1